Is God Trying To Tell Me Something?


Last week, I accidentally wrecked my wife’s SUV. The unmarked and barely lit street (I decided to take that night) abruptly dead ended at a lake separated by a wired fence designed only to keep the lake critters off the block. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Was God trying to tell me something? Why would He allow this car accident to happen to us?

Could it be that we are subject to the Law of Cause and Effect which operates within His universe? The Bible says “He who sows wickedness reaps trouble” (Proverbs22:8a). “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only topoverty” (Proverbs14:23). “Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you” (Romans 13:3).

Secondly, does God have to try to do anything? We think not. I just Thank God that I’m not "swimming with the fishes."

Comments

  1. Thank God you weren't killed. Considering the condition of your vehicle, no one could have survived that. Seriously, I ask myself why minor setbacks occur all the time. I assume every event of my life has a warning or message. Perhaps it's just time for a more attractive vehicle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment