Is My Offering Disqualified Because I'm Disgruntled?

God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7b

Being a cheerful giver is not just about giving money. The psalmist writes:

What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
I shall lift up the cup of salvation
And call upon the name of the Lord.
I shall pay my vows to the Lord,
Oh may it be in the presence of all His people.
Psalms 116:12-14

As Christians we call on the name of Jesus and vow to worship Him. Therefore, being a cheerful giver is not just about money, but also about being a cheerful worshipper. We are to come into His house with thanksgiving and praise. Yet some of us come to church year after year and week after week disgruntled about something happening or not happening at the church and feel justified because we regularly give money. Therefore, as soon as the object of our displeasure stands to testify, lead a song, or teach the Sunday school class, etc.....we instantly lose all joy. It is at those moments we demonstrate through facial expression, body language and bad vibes....our dissatisfaction (right in service). Consequently, we promote Satan's divisive agenda, hamper church growth with negativity, and expose our spiritual immaturity, judgmental nature, and cheerlessness.

The bottom line:

The church is a body of believers with one mind, sharing with gladness and having support for all (Acts 2:46,47).

Money in and of itself cannot promote Christ or advance His kingdom. Disciples are won and added to the church when we demonstrate our love for each other (John 13:35).

And, YES, the church needs money to function at its best. However, money is not what empowers the church to exist. The Lord's church exists and remains forever because its foundation is built on the immutable fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God (Mathew 16:16-18).

Whatever it is that is bothering us or prevents us from being a cheerful giver and worshipper is NOT worth displeasing God.

Please be encouraged and enjoy this short exhortation and song.

When I think of the goodness of Jesus
And what He's done for me
My soul cries out Hallelujah
I thank God for saving me