Lord, What Am I Thinking?

I celebrate the title of this blog “What’s On My Mind Today,” because there was a time when I could not share what was on my mind. Not because my thoughts were ahead of our time or consisted of top secret government information, but because they were all together wrong, laced with negativity, fear, selfishness, pompous ambition and adult content.
Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Genesis 6:5 


I would be okay at work, as long as I was busy. However, at the end of the work day, under my own supervision, I would rush to do mischief.

"An idle mind is the devil's playground" (English Proverb)

I'm sorry, but I can’t echo the words of many and say that I lived a “miserable life of sin.” I’m quite fond of some memories. However, that lifestyle is unfulfilling. It's like having a constant itch that you can't reach. I had no peace of mind. My life felt like I was on a treadmill, moving, but going nowhere.

Thankfully, I had the wherewithal to conclude that my way was fruitless and destructive. STOP RIGHT THERE! If you can come to that conclusion, your break through is near. Finally, I surrendered to Christ.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)

Nevertheless, I must admit that I live with a new fear. Everyday, I dread the possibility of having preached my last message and shared my last post. Not because of death, but because of depletion. I can hear my spiritual partner saying “see, you’ve run out, because you have not developed a spiritual regiment of daily prayer, study and introspection. You’ve allowed frivolous behavior to strip you. ” It's tight, but it's right. Thanks Brother Greg, for not caring about my toes.

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 (NASB)

Comments