You Supposed To Be A Christian (the supreme reprimand)




By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:35 (NASB)

Firstly, a christian is a disciple or follower of Christ and His teachings. One becomes a christian by accepting Christ as Lord and Savior and His Word as supervisor and guide. A christian strives ceaselessly to exemplify Christ in all that he/she thinks, does and expresses.Unfortunately, many are failing to demonstrate a mastery of what it is that they are striving to epitomize.

“Supposed to” is a phrase indicating that someone is not doing what they’re meant to do (i.e. they were supposed to deliver the flowers by 3pm). Apostle Paul, who sho’nuff supposed to be a christian, said“ Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren,I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14).

Understand that our righteous works cannot save us (Ephesians2:9). It is by faith in the powerful gospel of Christ we are saved (Ephesians 2:8, Romans 1:16). Let’s not make excuses that attempt to justify sin (James 1:21, Romans 12:1). Neither, allow anyone to cause us to believe that we can do anything apart from Christ (John 15:5). So rejoice and KNOW that through Christ we can do all things (Philippians 4:13). YES I AM A CHRISTIAN!

Comments