I Love Jesus, But I Don't Like White People


The deadliest form of terrorism facing humanity is racism. Indifference breeds contempt. I know this first hand, because I was born and raised in Harlem, New York at a time when it was exclusively Afro-American. There existed what could be called reversed racism. A Caucasian,  irregardless of ethnicity, could not walk our streets without being harassed, beaten and robbed. I can recall being in middle school during recess and seeing a white man coming out of the subway station who apparently was lost. He approached some black men standing on the corner outside my school to ask for directions.

They immediately pounced on him and beat him to the ground. They stomped him repeatedly, stripped him naked and cursed him as if he had done something wrong. The students in the schoolyard cheered them on as if the men had protected us from imminent danger. I've never participated in such terrorism, but as I got older, naturally, I too adopted indifference towards white people.

I left Harlem after enlisting into the U.S. Air Force. My first assignment stationed me in South Carolina, of all places, historically a hub of slavery.

One day my car broke down and left me stranded on the side of the road. I didn't have a cell phone, so my only hope was to signal for someone to stop and help me. As I saw cars approaching I would only signal for help if the driver was black. Roughly six hours later I began flagging down everybody....Blacks, Whites, Albinos, Jews and Muslims. Finally, someone stopped. He looked under my hood and determined that he could fix the car, but would need to tow it to his house. I agreed. When we arrived at his house he insisted that I have dinner with his wife and children while he repaired my car. I can't remember his name, but I will never forget his white face. 

There is only one race—the human race. God is loving the world and we all were created in His image (John 3:16, Genesis 1:26-27). 

God is not prejudice and neither are Christians.


"Opening his mouth, Peter said:
“I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality," Acts 10:34 (NASB)

Poem by Martin Niemöller

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.



Martin Niemöller