His Word Is Our Bond

In the military my comrades called me Mr. E, not out of respect, but because Mr. T was taken. I had a no nonsense reputation and lived by the street rule – My Word is My Bond.

This mantra represented unadulterated truth and conviction. It was not used casually, but often accepted in dangerous situations when the promise to act and give the right answer could save your life. Nevertheless, in the absence of severe consequences, many, including myself, shamelessly used this expression, not to speak unadulterated truth, but as a cloak to hide false intentions. Now in view of God’s Word, which is the power necessary for eternal salvation, I’m mindful that my words are powerless. Apostle Paul proclaimed that he’s “not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for It is the power of God unto salvation” (Romans 1:16). Let us continue to proudly proclaim that we are not ashamed of God’s Word and spread the truth of God’s Word.

God’s Word reminds us that our name has been changed. God’s Word provides us with proven responses to life’s challenges. God’s Word illuminates our path and leads us into unwavering truth and a more abundant life.

Thank God, HIS WORD IS OUR BOND, and is able to keep us from stumbling and make us stand in the presence of His glory blameless and with great joy. (Jude 1:14).