What's Your Excuse?


Then I said, “Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven." Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:5-8

In Isaiah 6 chapter the prophet Isaiah is describing how he was called to serve.


A modern day translation:

(God shows Himself to Isaiah. Isaiah immediately starts tripping out).

Isaiah:                        OMG! I'm gonna die now.

Angel #1:                   What's your problem bruh? We ain't here to  
                                   hurt you. 

Angel#2:                     If so, you wouldn't have seen us coming.

Angel#3:                     Don't scare the man. He's already buggin out.

Isaiah:                         Ya'll don't understand. I ain't right. Me and 
                                    everybody in my hood be cussin like sailors                        

Angel#1:                     Bruh, you ain't said nothin but a word. 

Angel#2:                     A bad word.

Angel#3:                     Will you stop it.

Angel#1:                     (laughing) He already knew your issues. 
                                    That's why He's instructed me to touch your 
                                    lips with this burning coal.

Angel #2:                    Save some for the ribs.

Angel#3:                     Now, you're pushing it.


THE LORD:               Whom shall I send and who will go for Us?

Isaiah:                          Here am I Lord. Send me.

We must remember, when called to service for the Lord, that our insufficiency really doesn't matter.


And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast bout my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9