Letter To The Church From The Pastor's Desk



“When they go low, we go high”


Greetings Northside: For too long our church has experienced a lack of growth, lack of participation, lack of unity, lack of servanthood, and a lack of giving. After much prayer, God has shifted our church’s focus to serving, growing, and giving. We have been able to get more done in the past 7-Days than we have in the last 7-Months. Consequently, we are purging our church role of inactive members and holding all members accountable to their Membership Covenant which states:

“I understand that as a church member I am instructed by the Lord through His word to:

Glorify God in all I do.

Grow in my walk with Christ.

Gather with my brothers and sisters on a consistent basis.

Give of my time, talents, and finances.

Go into the world sharing the message of salvation through Christ.

 

I understand that the bible teaches that I should obey and submit to church leadership (Hebrews 13:17).  I also understand that my membership will be revoked if, after much counsel & mediation, my behavior continues to stir up division and disharmony within the fellowship (Titus 3:10). I must rely on the strength of the Lord to be a faithful church member. I also recognize that it is the responsibility of our church leaders to encourage me, equip me, and hold me accountable to live out the testimony of the gospel.”

TO LEADERS: We are holding Northside leaders to an even higher standard of living, service and faithful giving. Consequently, all Northside leaders will be on a 90-Day probationary period effective immediately.

TO ALL: Northside Church cherishes you as a member of this fellowship. Nevertheless, we understand that this new focus may not suit everybody. If not, your transfer or leaving WILL NOT remove you from our prayers and concern. Any time you call we will seek to minister to you faithfully as the church has done in the past. Northside IS NOT looking back and we’re not going low. We’re Going Higher! In Jesus Name!

Comments